Friday, September 01, 2006

Visitors both in cyber space and for real ...

I find it fascinating to hear people's reactions to this place, this blog, and the stories we share over coffee both in cyber space and around the tables in the Cafe ...

There are hits from all over the world on this blogsite, and recently one of our cyber visitors from Victoria stopped by to visit the real life Chipperfields' ... he noted that it IS everything I have described here ...

Now that was an incredible compliment ... couple that with an email from a friend who said - "your writing reminds me of John Irving" (I LOVE John Irving's writing ... from Hotel New Hampshire to The World According to Garp to Widow for One Year and my personal fav: A Prayer for Owen Meany - I count Irving as my favourite author. To be compared to him is quite a compliment ... I was awed.) It is such moments that make all of this worthwhile ...

Many times I wonder - "is anyone reading this?" or "does anyone really enjoy this?" and suddenly I hear from one of those who sign on and read my words and I think - "wow ... people are reading this ..."

And then yesterday I had the delight to be in the store, the real Chipperfields' when the real life Anna, took the binder filled with my entries and showed it to a friend with the words, "you should read this ..."

A visitor from afar ... a comparison to Irving ... and having someone say of my writing to another "you should read this ..." It's been a good week ... it makes all of this more fun to do.

Thanks to my readers, whoever and WHEREVER you are ... you're the best ...

No comments: