Thursday, September 28, 2006

J--'s Trivia 'n' Tidbits ... Part 6 ...

"Did you know that the world record for the number of children sired by one man is a mere 899 children?" J-- asked as he approached the table, a coffee in one hand, and a piece of paper in the other.

"That so?" answered one of the two men sitting there.

"Absolutely," replied J--, as he sat down, "Anna gave me this yesterday. It's from her homework assignment for the courses she's taking."

"What kind of courses is she taking that tells you stuff like that?" asked one of the regulars looking dumbfounded.

"899, you say?" replied the other regular, "Did the guy have time for anything else in his life?"

"Had to be wealthy to support them all," observed the first regular.

"Don't know nothing about that," said J--, looking down at the paper in his hand, "this is from one of Anna's medical text books or something."

"What kind of medical text book tells you a guy fathered 899 kids?" asked the first regular, still looking confused.

"I duno," said J--, "she's studying to be a nurse, or an ambulance attendent, or something like a brain surgeon ... I can never keep it straight. But she knows where she wants to be, so I guess that's all that's important."

"So, 899 you say?" said the second regular, "I guess I got some work to do to hit that number before I die ..."

"What?" said J-- shocked.

"You heard me," said the second regular taking a drink of his coffee.

"Some work?" said J--, "that's an understatement if I've ever heard one."

"That's like saying 'I got some work to do before I become a brain surgeon'" observed J--, "I haven't even started down that road ..."

"Yeah, Good luck with that," laughed the first regular, getting up to get a refill on his coffee, "I still want to know what kind of course you take to learn stuff like that though. They never taught us things like that when I was in school. If they had I would have stayed in longer ..."

"Yeah me too," said J--, nodding his head.

"Likewise," said the second regular, "all we learned about was math and how to do grammer and stuff like that. If we would have learned stuff like this in school, I coulda gone places educationally."

"Yeah like the principal's office for harassing the girls," laughed J--.

No comments: