Saturday, July 01, 2006

Overheard at Chipperfield's ... part five ...

"That was quite a storm last night eh?" asked Jeannie, one of the staff.

"Yeah, it was," replied Kriss, "I wonder how Bonnie and Ross fared up at Country Fest."

"Hmmm," answered Jeannie trying to clean the expresso machine, "they likely would not have noticed ..."

The two of them laughed.

"Well," said Kriss cheerfully, "I really wanted to see a funnel cloud. I was really watching for one."

"I saw one last night," said Jeannie, "when we were driving home from Brandon."

"Really?" said Kriss, obviously very excited, "where?"

"Oh, it touched down behind us as my sister and I were coming home from shopping," replied Jeannie in a very matter of fact way, "My sister was driving, and she could see it in the rearview mirror, and I spotted another one off to the west too."

"Cool," said Kriss, very enthused, "what was it like?"

"It wasn't really a big deal," said Jeannie now busily setting up the pump carafes of coffee, "But, I probably shouldn't have screamed 'Step on it, They're gaining on us.' It sort of freaked out my sister and she spent the rest of last night in her bed crying ..."

"You're mean ..." whispered Kriss as a customer came in ...

"Yeah, that's what my sister says now too ..." answered Jeannie as she turned her attention to the customer's order with a broad smile ...

No comments: