Wednesday, November 07, 2007

We're back ...

I LOVE this scene in the movie ... this image speaks volumes and has become a cultural icon ...

So, I could think of no other image that is SO well suited to the resuming of The Chipperfield Chronicles ...

Yes!! The Chipperfield Chronicles are back ... some of the old gang will make periodic appearances, and I will definitely do my part here to promote what remains a delightful and spectacular presence (in Real Life) on Main St in downtown Minnedosa ... BUT ... and this is very important ... the intent here is to tell stories.

FICTIONAL stories ... things that really DIDN'T happen ... Stories that are MADE UP ... Stories that are the figment of my sometimes twisted imagination ... STORIES that have absolutely NO BEARING in the truth or reality as YOU or I or ANYONE may envision it.

One of my favourite insults comes from the TV show WKRP in Cinncinatti, where Mr Carlson's son comes to the radio station after being tossed out of a private military school. In one scene he, Les and Herb are in the staff room and Les and Herb push him to find out what Mother Carlson has said about them.

Arthur junior announces that she has called Les "Obtuse" and Herb was "addle minded". Both men excitedly look up these new "compliments" in a dictionary ...

Well, I feel the need to stress the simple FACT that this BLOG is a place of FICTIONAL (feel free to look the word up if you have to - that helps clarify things) STORIES !!!!

The reason for this clarification is BECAUSE there have been more than JUST a few people who have taken the stories here as REALITY, and have acted accordingly. I would say they have exhibited behaviour that is both OBTUSE and ADDLE MINDED in the process ... but that strikes me as a tad redundant ... because those who have exhibited this behaviour won't understand what words like Fiction, Obtuse, addle minded and reality mean any way ... so, it's a waste of my breath, or in this case, my keyboarding !!!!

So - as we begin ... This will be a place of made up stories ... they may or may not involve the old crew ... there may or may not be similarities to real life events ... that's the nature of fiction. If something strikes a chord for you - ask yourself WHY??? BEFORE you jump all over me ...

Here in this place the only requirement is an enjoyment of a GOOD STORY ... or at least my offerings ...

So ... in the coming days, stop by - pour a coffee, settle in and lets get re-acquainted with a marvelous place called Chipperfields ... a place where EVERYONE is welcome ... and the coffee is always hot ... and the stories are Freshly fictional !!!

No comments: