Monday, February 19, 2007

J--'s Tidbits 'n' Trivia ... Part 14 ...

"So, how are you all today?" J-- asked as he approached the table. Behind him Kriss was carrying his tea brewer pot and a mug.

"Good," came the answer from his assembled friends gathered at the table.

"You're late," commented The Rev, glancing at his cell phone sitting on the table in front of him, "what have you been up to today?"

"Oh, I had a doctor's appointment," laughed J-- as he said down.

"Really?" said one of the regulars, "Everything okay?"

"Oh Yeah," said J-- as he adjusted the mug infront of him and thanked Kriss for bringing the tea to the table.

"You're welcome," Kriss said with a warm smile as she returned to the counter.

"Just a check up?" asked The Rev.

J-- nodded, "Yup," he replied as he picked up his tea brewer pot and gave it a gentle swirl, he changed the topic slightly, "I love this Manitoba Organic tea," J-- said looking at the pot, "and my appointment wasn't about the little blue pill." He stated without looking up, then he looked around the table smiling, "So don't even mention it ..."

The assembled crew around the table laughed.

"So the doctor didn't find anything did he?" asked one of the regulars.

"They didn't do a head scan again did they?" teased The Rev.

"Ha ha," laughed J-- as he lifted his tea brewer and began to fill his mug, "No it was nothing like that, just the yearly check up to make sure everything running tickety boo."

"Is it?" asked The Rev.

"Absolutely," answered J--, "the only thing he raised as a concern was my diet."

"You're on a diet?" said one of the regulars.

"No, nothing like that," said J--, "he just wants me to cut down on salty and fatty foods and watch what I eat."

"Really," said The Rev, "guess that will cut out the carrot cake?"

"Not a chance," said J--, "The doctor told me years ago that I had to quit smoking and drinking, and I was able to do that. Then He suggested I had to cut out the caffeine, so I switched to tea. And when my wife passed I had to stop womanizing. So when he starts telling me that if I want to live to be 100, I better cut out the sugary, fatty and salty foods, I just told him ..."

"You'd rather die happy at 80?" said The Rev with a smile.

"Absolutely!!" laughed J--, slapping the table in front of him.

"Sounds like a good reason to celerbate with a slice of carrot cake," observed The Rev.

"Here, here," chimed in one of the regulars.

"Kriss," called J--, "a round of carrot cake for me and my friends ..."

No comments: