Friday, October 13, 2006

Tales from The Rev on the Road ...

Dear Bonnie and Chipperfields:

I have said it before - but it is worth repeating:

I miss you all when I'm NOT in Minnedosa. And this week has just underscored that sentiment and put and exclamation point on the sentence.

I have missed having a good cup of coffee and a decent conversation and a few laughs since I left on Tuesday ... actually, because you were closed on Monday for Thanksgiving, it has been since Sunday - though the coffee I picked up to go was wonderful ... but it only held me to ... OH Gladstone !!!

Then it was coffee from Tim's and whatever gas station I could find along the way ... YUCK !!!!

But somehow, despite the odds, I've survived ... and yesterday I discovered a lovely, very funky coffee shop on the main street of Stratford. Their coffee is okay ... the ambience is lovely ... but it is too busy ... too loud and it simply is NOT Chipperfield Coffee Company. But it will due while I'm here ... The fact they have Wi-Fi internet access helps ... I can tolerate mediocre coffee if I can cruise the net ...

So ... all of this is to say ... I miss you all. I don't know if you miss me - likely not ... but that's okay ... I miss hanging out at Chipperfield's ... it's a good place, and I come to appreciate that more and more when I'm away.

Thanks for providing Minnedosa with a lovely little place to get refreshments, to build friendships and to just hang out ... we're lucky to have you ... and we need to just say - Thanks, a little more often.

It's places like Chipperfield's that makes life in a small town so wonderful ...

see you soon,
The Rev.

No comments: