Monday, September 04, 2006

A Tip of the Cap ...

Chippie is back from his grand adventure, and what an adventure it has been !!
He's been to the beaches of BC, to the Glaciers of Jasper and Banff.
He's watched whales and eagles.
He's played.
He's flown in the wind.
He's been swimming, albeit briefly.
He's ridden in a car for days, and sat in the sun for hours.
He's been to and fro ... and it's been good.
It's all been good ...

And so today, I offer a tip of the hat to Ross and Bonnie and all their staff, and some of their customers too, for letting me continue to play and to tell stories spun from the place on Main St that has become so much more then just a coffee shop ...

Chipperfields' is a coffee shop ... but it is a place filled with laughter ... a place filled with friends ...
And for the record, the real flesh and blood Ross is not the incompetent fool I've portrayed around here ... he's a good guy, and a better friend, and he has my respect for letting me use him as my favourite literary foil ... and having shoulders broad enough to take a little good natured teasing ...

The others here ... well, in every good story there is a tiny pinch of truth tempered by alot of love and respect and admiration ... My characters are simply that - characters ... but the real people are so much more wonderful then the words on the page ... and I feel privileged and blessed to call them friends ...

So, Ross, Bonnie, and all those who pop up around here ... I tip my hat to you, and say - "thanks for letting me play ..." You're the best!!!

Thanks ...

1 comment:

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Welcome back, and thanks for all the cool postcards. I still need to post some of them on my postcard blog.
Thanks for the comment re Steve Irwin on my blog.
Take care, Meow