Friday, September 08, 2006

J--'s Trivia 'n' Tidbits ...

Today, I want to start a new entry item ... of late the real life J-- has been sharing his pearls of wisdom and his trivial bits of information ... It's been delightful ... But I've been thinking about doing something with it ... they are different from the Overheard conversations, but worth playing with ... so today ... I want to try something new ... I dedicate this to the real life J-- and his incredible sense of humour, and the friendship and support he offers to soooo many people ... he's an awesome guy ... If you visit the real Chipperfield's I'll guarantee you'll meet him ... and I think you'll like him ...

So ... here it goes ...

"Do you know why the male lion lies around sleeping all the time?" J-- asked as he approached the table in in the back corner.

"No idea," answered one of the three men sitting there.

"Well, it turns out," J-- sat down as he spoke, "that the male lion can DO IT 50 times a day."

"Do it?" asked Kriss as she was wiping down the table next to them, "Do what??"

J-- grinned, the others at the table snickered.

"You know," J-- said winking, "Do it !!"

"Do what?" Kriss repeated.

"Better draw her a picture," laughed one of the men at the table.

"Easier to show her," snorted another.

The table erupted in laughter.

"You could always buy her one of THOSE magazines that shows her," offered the third.

"WHAT?" Kriss' face was confused, then the penny seemed to drop, "OH !!" She exlaimed, "OH!!" She repeated, "J-- !!" She exclaimed as her cheeks reddened, "I think I'm going to ignore all of you now," she turned to retreat back behind the counter.

"Poor naive girl," laughed one of the regulars. The others nodded in agreement as they laughed.

"So, about those lions?" one of the regulars tried to reclaim the conversation from where it had fallen by the way side, "Fifty times you say?? Really??"

"Pretty impressive," one of the others added.

"No wonder the lioness looks sssssoooo happy all the time," retorted the first.

J-- smiled as he ended the conversation, "I never believed in reincarnation until I read that about lions. But now, if there is such a thing, I know what lion I'm coming back as ..." he offered a sly grin as he lifted his coffee and took a sip ...

1 comment:

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Just droppping by to wish you a happy weekend.
Take care, Meow