Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Overheard at Chipperfield's ... part VIII ...

Jay-Dee and Kriss were tending shop earlier in the day and reminisicing about their adventures working at Chipperfield's ...

Jay-Dee suddenly started laughing ... "What's so funny?" asked Kriss, looking concerned about her co-worker's grip on sanity, "you're cheese slipping off its cracker or what?"

"Oh," said Jay-Dee wiping away the tears of mirth, "I just thought of when we introduced the Cinnamon Wedges and I kept calling them wedgies ..."

"Oh," replied Kriss as she narrowed her big blue eyes, knowing where this was heading.

"I just remembered," continued Jay-Dee as she regained her composure slightly, "the time I made the cinnamon wedges and took them out to cool before I went for lunch ... then when I came back I asked you "if you had had a wedgie?" ... and you answered, "Why? Was I pickin' again?" as you looked down at your butt ..."

"Yes, it WAS hilarious," Kriss' voice was dripping with sarcasm, "very funny ..."

Jay-Dee for her part was rolling with laughter as she again wiped tears from her eyes ...

(for the record - the Cinnamon Wedges at Chipperfield's are YUMMY, as are the many variety of muffins and cookies that are on offer ... and if you're looking for a seasonal treat - try the Strawberry Swirl cheesecake ...)

No comments: